Students are required to adhere to the dress code provided. Dancers with improper footwear or attire will be asked to not participate for safety reasons. They may sit and observe. No jewelry allowed.
• Girls: hair should be in a ballet bun for all classes.
• Boys: long hair must be pulled up and off their face.
• Ballet: Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, pink or tan tights, pink ballet shoes. Dance skirts or shorts are optional (no shorts allowed in level Int2/Adv).
• Acro (all levels): Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, pink, or tan tights, bare feet. Ballet shorts optional.
• Jazz & Hip Hop (all levels): Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, pink or tan tights, black or tan jazz shoes (please ask which is required for your class). Dance skirts or shorts are optional.
• Tap: Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, pink, or tan tights, black tap shoes. Dance skirt or shorts optional.
• Modern: Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, and pink or tan tights. Dance shorts optional.
• Pilates: Solid color ballet pink or black leotard, tights, dance shorts, no shoes. (Adults: comfortable yoga clothes.)
• Advanced level: Solid colored leotard (any solid color) allowed in advanced ballet, jazz, modern and tap classes only. Leotards with patterns are allowed on Saturday only.
• Men/Boys: Solid colored t-shirt, leotard and tights (upper level ballet), sports shorts, jazz pants or black sweat pants (see your instructor with questions). Appropriate dance shoes.
Ballet warm up sweaters, shorts, sweater-tights, legwarmers may be worn in class. No street attire allowed.
Dance shoes should be purchased at Main Street Dance Boutique to ensure proper fit.
The shop carries leotards, skirts, tights, warm-ups, dance bags and much more.
To maintain order and discipline and a professional atmosphere, please be aware of studio etiquette.
• Do not wear gym shoes or sneakers into the studios.
• Use the student dressing room to store shoes, coats and other personal belongings during class.
• No gum, food, or beverages are allowed in the studios.
• Tardiness: Students who miss any part of warm up will be asked not to participate for safety reasons. They may sit and watch the remainder of class.
• Keep conversations in the lobby at an appropriate volume.
• Restrict food to the kitchen only.
• No video or photos are allowed of any part of any class without the consent of MSD.
Main Street Dance
111 N 1st St, Peotone, IL 60468
© 2018 Main Street Dance - All Rights Reserved.